Gough Group (we, us or our) is committed to providing customers, agents and suppliers with the best value products and services in the field and online.
Your privacy is important to us and we want to be sure that you understand the terms and conditions relating to the way in which we collect and use your information.
This Privacy Statement tells you what information we collect, how we collect it, what we do with it and your rights to view, correct or change it.
By accessing and using this website you consent to our use of your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement (as amended from time to time).
The information that we collect
We collect personal information, such as:
- your name, location and contact details
- driver licence details
- billing or purchase information
- information received from credit reporting or debt collection agencies
- any other information you provide or authorise us to collect,
in order to provide products and services to you and to improve or market our products and services.
Providing this information will always be optional for you. However, if you do not provide your personal information to us, we may not be able to provide products and services to you or the service you receive may not be as appropriate or relevant as it could be.
How we collect your information
We may collect the personal information you give us through some of the following means:
- when you purchase products or services from us
- from website registration forms, credit application forms, and contracts
- during your interactions and correspondence with us
- when you use our website (our web server logs may collect additional information, including information about the domain or ISP that you use and computer or network information)
- while administering or providing any of our products or services
- while conducting customer satisfaction and market research surveys
- from CCTV video surveillance systems which record footage at various locations
We may also collect personal information from third parties where you have authorised this, where it is permitted by law, or where the information is publically available.
What do we do with your information?
We may use the information that you provide for the following purposes:
- To provide products and services to you
- To improve our products and services
- To offer the most relevant information suitable to you and your interests
- For any marketing, promotional, publicity, direct marketing or market research that we might undertake
- To process any transactions that you might make
- To help provide any other services that you have requested
- To verify your identity
- To undertake credit checks of you
- To bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions
- To protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- For any other purposes for which you have given permission or which is authorised by law.
Who we share this information with
We want you to know that any personal information you supply to us may be shared with our employees, contractors, suppliers, agents, dealers, advisors, and affiliated and related companies and used by them and us. We will not sell or rent your information to any third party and will exercise reasonable efforts to keep your personal information secure.
We may also disclose your information to:
- any business that supports our services and products, including any which hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services and products
- a credit reference agency for the purpose of credit checking you
- financial institutions such as banks and credit providers
- direct debit companies who manage your repayments
- government and regulatory bodies
- any other person authorised by you
- any other person authorised by law
Overseas recipients of your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to one of our affiliated companies in Australia.
With your prior agreement, we may also share information with specified third parties based overseas.
Forms and agreements
Individual forms and agreements that we enter into with you may have their own privacy statements. Please be sure to check these privacy statements before submitting the form or entering into the agreement.
Where we receive information about others from you
If you provide us with personal information about someone else, you must ensure that you are authorised to disclose that information to us, so that, without us taking any further steps required by applicable data protection or privacy laws, we may collect, use and disclose such information for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement.
This means that you must take reasonable steps to ensure the individual concerned is aware of and consents to the various matters detailed in this Privacy Statement, including the fact that their personal information is being collected, the purposes for which that information is being collected, the intended recipients of that information, the individual's right to obtain access to that information, and how to contact us.
We store your personal information in different ways, including in paper and in electronic form. We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is stored securely. Stored information about you is protected from unauthorised access through the use of firewalls, secure passwords and login processes.
What about links to third party sites?
This Privacy Statement only relates to our website and services. Our site may contain links to other sites. We are not liable for the privacy practices or the content of other web sites. You should check their privacy policies before providing personally identifiable information to them or any other third party.
A cookie is a small file that resides on your computer and is recognised by our server when you visit our sites. A cookie does not provide us with any personally identifiable information. Cookies are widely used to:
- Count the number of times you visit our sites
- Ensure that the most relevant content is being shown
- Help users navigate the website efficiently
- Allow users to perform certain functions
- Allow you to enter certain site member services without having to log in each time you visit
- Provide us with information about how our website is used
Our security cookies (if you have a Gough Group web security ID) are not used to collect personal information on this website.
To improve our website and products and services, we may use patterns and other meaningful information gathered from website analytics tools. This may include the timing and frequency of your use of our website, your IP address, page requests, form requests, mouse click activity and other information that you enter into the platform.
In addition, we may use third party cookies from third party services. These services give us insight into behavioural information relating to users interests in our services, on an anonymous and aggregate level. This helps us to understand browsing behaviour to give a better experience while using our services.
Your right to access and correct your information
Can we change this Privacy Statement?
Yes. We reserve the right to change this Privacy Statement at any time. If we update or change this Privacy Statement, the changes will be made on this page. Your use of our website following the posting of changes to this Privacy Statement will demonstrate your acceptance of those changes.
Last updated 18 January 2019